Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hoppy Keaster!

Our Easter morning started out with a traditional hunt for our Easter baskets and the eggs that the Easter bunny had hidden. Hen we had to hurry up and get ready for our 9:00 church. The kids of course had a blast, and they loved the things that the Easter bunny brought. I had a nice Sunday nap thanks to the fact that my husband actually had the day off, yippee! We made a yummy dinner of Cornish game hens, and all of the usual holiday sides. The best part of the day was our dinner conversation. Kayleigh started telling us everything that she knows about the resurrection. Which I thought was quite a lot for a 4 year old. Then, she wanted to know why the guards didn’t see Jesus leave. She waned to know if they were sleeping, and how exactly did Jesus get out of the tomb. I was shocked. The only question she usually has during our family lessons is, “Is it time for our snack yet”. We talked about the story in Matthew, were an angel came from Heaven to let Jesus out of his tomb. She was really interested. It just reminded me of what a big girl she is becoming, and how much she really listens to us. That was defniantly the best part of my Easter day.



I'll post a few Easter Egg hunt photo's in the morning. Right now, I am warn out and I am going to bed.

1 comments:

Shaela said...

Good for her! It is so fun to watch them learning and understanding... She's gonna be a smart little cookie!