Saturday, March 22, 2008

Surgery Day

I started to write a long detailed post about how hard yesterday was, but I decided that I doubt everyone really wants to hear me whine that much. I just will give you the bare basics. Just know that Adam couldn’t come, and it was really hard. But, I better just get use to it. We were to be at the hospital at 6:45. So, we dropped Blake off at a friend’s house, and off we went. Of course, after taking all of her stats (blood pressure, height, weight, etc.), they gave her a medicine that makes the kids very happy and I carried her into the operating room at 7:50. The surgery took a bout an hour. I was in the recovery room with her by 9:15, and we were home again by 1:00. It just took forever for her to wake up, and the anesthesia made her sick. She has about 5 stitches on her tummy and she is pretty sore, but she is a lot better today. She keeps saying things like, “don’t hurt my button”. She did get a pretty cool bandage that she gets to wear for 5 days. She can’t play rough or lift any thing for two weeks, and can’t take a bath for a week. It’s going to be hard on her and me. She was a brave girl and I am really proud of her.




Kayleigh before surgery, getting her blood pressure taken.



Kayleigh after surgery, doesn't she look so sad.



Here is her cool kitty bandage

5 comments:

Shaela said...

Poor thing... I love the bandage though!
Someday after our husbands have finished residency we will be able to look back on these times and it will help us be all that much more grateful when we have them with us... Hang in there!

Melynda said...

Wow how brave, for both of you! So why did she have to have surgery? I can't imagine how you felt!

Sarah said...

She had an umbilical hernia repaired. It was really terrible to see her like that. I'm just glad it wasn't anything serious. She has bounced back really quick. I keep having to reminder her that she can't bounce around and be silly.

sarah said...

It is hard to watch your little child go in for surgery. Luc has been under twice. It was sad to see him wheeled away on a bed and then to watch the medicine wear off. They are tough little kids though. Good job on being brave with out your husband.

Liz W. said...

That picture did make me a little sad, but I'm glad she's doing so much better. Love you Sarah!