Thursday, April 24, 2008

Milo



Our dog Milo is a very good dog. He is mostly obedient. Never has potty issues in my house, and is really good with the kids. He just likes to run away, A LOT. It gets to be very annoying. Yesterday, I was having a really bad day. Blake has figured out how to open the oven. I have to gate him out of the kitchen while I am cooking, until I buy a lock. He was screaming because he wants to be in there with me. Kayleigh is crabby and hungry, and Milo chooses to escape. He has figured out that he can jump over the back deck in to the garden. So I spent some time outside trying to get him to come home, but he just runs farther. Finally I just give up and come inside. He usually just comes to the door and barks when he is done. After about an hour, I see some neighborhood kids trying to bring him to my door. I had to go outside and help catch him. I have to say that I was really disappointed. He had never been gone for that long and I was hoping that he was gone for good. I was hoping that he had found another family, or had even been hit by a car. Isn’t that so wrong of me? I am just so tired of him. He is just so much extra work for me. I really feel like it is like having an extra kid around. The only reasons I keep him are: guilt, worry that I will regret it later, and Kayleigh and Blake really love him. After all, “Milo” was Blake’s first word. So my question is, what the heck do I do about this dog?

5 comments:

DeCaires Family said...

You just sealed the deal...I am totally not getting a dog! we have been looking at the local shelter, and I just don't know I can handle that.

Sarah said...

If I don't scoop it fast enough, Blake picks up dog poop in the backyard. Don't get a dog. You can borrow mine if you want to. We can dog share.

Shelly said...

Get rid of it! I'm so not an animal person. They are cute for a while but then they become too much work.

sarah said...

I am willing to give mine away too!! We have a chocolate lab and he is 100% an outside dog. But if we leave the garage door open too long he will bolt. And everytime he does I pray that it was the last. He is a great dog, he eats anything that is left in the back yard and has eaten many pairs of shoes, but other than that he is pretty great but I don't even consider him part of the family. I feel bad for him. But I still want to get rid of him.

Anonymous said...

keep him keep him! :)