Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Whitewater State Park

We took the kids hiking at a state park near here. Luckily, I had packed the kids swimsuits "just in case" . Because the beach that was destroyed by a flood last summer was reopened.


Here we are at the beginning of the trail. We borrowed the cool baby carrier from our friends. Blake really thought that was cool.



Kayleigh and I in the chimney of chimney rock


Here we are with the view. Isn't it pretty! This is as close to mountains as Minnesota gets.

Here we are on the way down


Blake at the beach

This is seriously the best picture that I got of K. She was so excited to swim, she wouldn't sit still.

4 comments:

Shelly M. said...

Mountains or not, it looks beautiful. How cold was the water?

The Childs Family said...

What a great family pic and Kayleigh looks so cute with her walking stick...I LOVE IT!

Shaela said...

Man your kids are so big now. Isn't it crazy how fast that goes. Blake was about 2 months old when we both moved away. Yowzers! Looks like a fun day... Glad you are blogging again. Now I need to catch up with mine...

Sarah said...

The water is very cold. Its makes your feet numb when you stand in it. I didn't bring my swimsuit, so I didn't get all the way in.